Veterinary Dental Care
Pet Dental Care In Vestavia Hills, AL
At Pet Wellness Animal Hospital, we provide full service, professional veterinary dental care dogs and cats. Did you know that dental disease is the most common disease identified in dogs and cats? More than 70% of all cats and 80% of dogs over three years of age suffer with some form of dental disease. Dental disease is preventable through proactive dental care. Pet owners can make a big difference in the longevity and quality of life of their pets with daily dental care and professional oral hygiene assessment and treatment by our dental professionals.
Clinical Signs of Dental Disease
Your pet cannot tell you when they have a dental problem, making it difficult for you to know when they need a treatment. Bad breath is often the first sign of dental disease that you will notice. The same bacteria that causes bad breath, if left untreated, can spread through the blood stream and damage the kidneys, heart and possibly other organs. Frequent, at least yearly, oral exams and preventative professional dental cleaning, scaling and polishing to keep your pet’s mouth healthy and pain-free.
There are other signs of dental disease in your pet, including:
- Bad breath
- Salivating excessively
- Pawing at mouth
- Dropping food or running away from food dish
- Loose teeth or teeth that are discolored or covered in tartar
- Your pet shies away from you when touched in the mouth area
- Bleeding from the mouth
Dental Services Offered at Pet Wellness Animal Hospital include:
· Annual Dental Exam, Professional Scaling and Polishing: complete ultrasonic/hand scaling and polishing under anesthesia for all stages of dental disease.
· Digital radiology—digital x-rays clearly identify hidden problems below the gum line
· Consultations—diagnosis and management of all types of dental diseases.
If your pet shows any of the above symptoms, call us right away as your pet may be suffering from painful dental disease.